The mission of the QICDRC is to facilitate and resolve civil and commercial disputes fairly and efficiently in accordance with internationally-recognised best practice and with a firm commitment to the rule of law. Our mission is to be recognised as the world’s leading forum for the resolution of international civil and commercial disputes. We strive constantly to improve what we offer to all court-users and are always looking for new ways to facilitate the smooth administration of justice and commitment to the rule of law. Transparency is key.
To this end, we have established a formal body to advise the QICDRC. The User Committee will, among other things:
- Comment on policy and/or legal proposals from the QICDRC.
- Proactively provide feedback to the QICDRC on the services that we provide.
- Proactively identify and suggest changes to polices/procedures/services of the QICDRC.
Members of the User Committee are legal professionals of high standing who are familiar with the QICDRC and whose expertise will be a real asset in assisting us achieve our mission. Members are appointed for a term of two years, renewable for further terms, are unremunerated, and are appointed by the Chief Executive Officer on the recommendation of the Registrar.
- Dr.Reem AlAnsari (CEO and Founding Partner, Dr Al-Ansari Law Firm).
- Roscoe Banks (Associate General Counsel, Qatar Financial Centre (QFC) Authority).
- Niall Clancy (Partner, Simmons & Simmons).
- Huw Davies (Acting Chief - Legal Affairs and Compliance, Qatar Free Zones Authority).
- Aurore Deeb (Partner, D&C Legal Services).
- André (Andy) Gelinas (General Counsel, Qatar Financial Centre Regulatory Authority (QFCRA)).
- Claudia Fares El Hage (Founding and Managing Partner, Al Marri & El Hage Law Offices).
- Luigia Ingianni (Commissioner, Qatar Financial Centre (QFC) Authority Employment Standards Office).
- Charbel Maakaron (Managing Partner, Crowell & Moring Doha).
- Chadia El Meouchi (Managing Partner, Badri and Salim El Meouchi Law Firm).
- Farah Al-Muftah (Managing Director, Policy, Legal and Enforcement, Qatar Financial Centre Regulatory Authority (QFCRA)).
- Catriona Nicol (Senior Legal Counsel, Qatar Financial Centre (QFC) Authority).
- Rashid Al Saad (Senior Partner, Sharq Law Firm).
- Fatima Al-Saidi (Founding Partner, Al-Saidi Law Firm).
- Alexander Whyatt (Partner, Eversheds Sutherland).
- Thomas Williams (Partner, Sultan Al-Abdulla & Partners).