Terms and Conditions for Venue Hire and Additional Services
We are a serviced function venue for dispute resolution. Subject to the terms of this Agreement, we will provide to you the selected venue/room, between the stated start and finish times, together with the agreed resource and equipment as indicated in the booking confirmation form.
PRICE AND EXPENDITURE
Fees and prices will be as outlined in the booking confirmation form. Any subsequent requests for goods or services will be added to your final invoice, with full payment due no later than thirty (30) days after receipt of the invoice.
To ensure the venue is respected, the booking party(s) is responsible for:
- The behaviour of the guests at all times.
- Ensuring the safety of the guests and ensuring the booking party(s) guests conduct themselves so as not to expose themselves to risk of harm.
- Ensuring the venue facilities and equipment are not left abused or in a damaged condition.
- Ensuring the function (and any packing down that must be done) finishes within the designated venue hire period and that any documents, decorations and hire equipment are removed at the conclusion of the function.
- Any damage to the venue property incurred during the hire period is to the cost of the booking party(s).
- Any lost, broken or missing equipment will be charged at a replacement cost and is to the cost of the booking party(s).
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Under the Health and Safety regulations we are required to exercise our obligations to keep others and ourselves safe from harm. Prior to and /or on arrival your Event Coordinator will provide our Health and Safety induction brief. The booking party(s), as the person(s) organising the event is the person(s) responsible for ensuring your onsite representatives (and any sub-contractors) are also made aware of these obligations. Your main contact person(s) on premise, is then responsible for ensuring all your guests/delegates are aware of the Health & Safety Policy, hazards and evacuation processes. We may end your function before the function end time in the case of an emergency, or if there is a case of serious disorder, or where you materially breach any of your obligations under this agreement.
Security staff positioned in the venue provide an initial response to incidents.
The building we occupy is 100% smoke free, including common areas such as the basement parking and stairwells.
We have put in place precautionary measures in light of the COVID-19 situation. Subject to these measures, our premises remain operational and accessible. All visitors and staff must comply with the precautionary measures and guidelines issued by the Ministry of Public health, which can be found here. We request that all guests review the precautionary measures to ensure compliance before visiting.
YOU MAY PROVIDE CERTAIN EQUIPMENT AND MATERIALS
You will be responsible for the delivery, collection, safety, insurance of, any damage or loss caused by any equipment, materials or facilities you bring to the venue. You will not bring into the venue or permit or allow to be brought into the venue, dangerous or hazardous substances, or objects of such weight that may cause overloading or strain to the flooring or walls of the venue. Nor may you add to, alter, or attach equipment, fixtures or fittings to the venue (including stands and other structures) without prior written consent.
FEES AND PAYMENT
We reserve the right to request a refundable deposit at our complete discretion. Full payment of the deposit is required at least two (2) working days prior to the event start date. Payment is currently accepted by cash only and will be refunded in cash after full settlement of the invoice.
We shall make every endeavour to respond to all booking enquiries within one business day and we shall notify you via email if your provisional booking has been successful, subject to availability. No booking is confirmed until we notify you in writing that we have received a signed booking confirmation form. Until such time as a booking is confirmed, the venue will be available for hire by third parties. We will use reasonable endeavour to contact you to request that you provide us with a signed copy of the booking confirmation.
All cancellations must be received in writing (by email, fax) and the following terms are applicable;
- If cancellation takes place no less than two (2) business days prior to the start date of the event, no cancellation charges will be levied.
- In the event that the booking is cancelled with less than two (2) business days’ notice, the booking party(s) shall remain liable for all the costs and expenses incurred by the QICDRC.
- We, at our discretion may waive part of the cancellation fee if the venue is rebooked
- In the event that the booking party(s) cancels or wishes to amend the booking of additional services, such as the provision of court reporting, translation, interpretation, catering, security, pantry and IT services, the booking party(s) shall pay the costs incurred by the QICDRC in securing those services or for which the QICDRC becomes liable to the providers of those services as a result of the cancellation or amendment.
- Amendments to the booking of additional services must be received by the Event Coordinator at least one (1) working day to try and affect change with the service provider.
- Cancellations must be notified to the Event Coordinator in writing: firstname.lastname@example.org
CANCELLATION AND TERMINATION BY US
We may cancel your booking and thereby terminate this agreement at any time when incidents occur which are deemed outside our control and effect the venues ability to provide the services for which it was contracted to. Any deposits paid will be refunded to you. However, should we cancel or stop the event for any of the following reasons, no deposits will be refunded. If you, your guests or any other persons permitted entry into the venue by you or someone on your behalf do not comply with any of the conditions, requirements or restrictions referred to in this agreement. If you materially breach this agreement.
You will be liable for all liabilities, losses and costs which we may incur directly or indirectly as a result of a breach by you of this agreement, your actions or equipment or the actions or equipment of any of your guests or any persons permitted entry in the venue by you or someone on your behalf, including the death of or injury to any person and the damage to any property (including property owned by the venue). To the maximum extent permitted by law, we will not be liable to you or your guests or any other persons permitted entry into the venue by you or by someone on your behalf, for any loss, cost, injury or damage suffered or incurred by you or such other person in connection with or arising out of:
- Any act, omission, error, default or delay by our employees, agents or subcontractors.
- Any cause beyond our reasonable control or
- Any act or omission by you or any other third party; except to the extent that such loss, cost, injury or damage is caused by our negligence or willful default. Without limitation, this includes any loss or damage to property brought into or left at the venue prior to, during or after your function and any loss or damage arising out of the catering services or your equipment (or the equipment of your guests or any other persons permitted entry into the venue by you or someone on your behalf, whether the damage or loss is suffered before during or after your function.
Neither party shall be liable for any default due to any act of God, war, terrorism, strike, lock out, industrial action, fire, flood, storm or other event beyond the control of either party.